Tactile BLS with bilateralstimulation.io
What device do I need for tactile BLS?
You need a computer and the bilateralstimulation.io buzzers:
bilateralstimulation.io Remote Tactile BLS Buzzers
How does tactile BLS with bilateralstimulation.io work?
Summary of the video:
- Our buzzers can be used directly with the bilateralstimulation.io website—no download or installation required!
- If you're a client you simply click on the link that your therapist sends you and plug your buzzers into a USB port of your computer.
- If you're a therapist you simply create a new session via bilateralstimulation.io/therapist and then click on "Tactile". If you want to connect your own buzzers click on "Pair your own buzzers" (you might have to first scroll down within the "Tactile" section and click on "I already have bilateralstimulation.io buzzers and want to use them").
- Whoever plugs the buzzers into their computer (i.e. the client when the buzzers are used remotely or the therapist when the buzzers are used in-person) has to use the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser. The tactile therapist controls work from any browser (e.g. also Safari or Firefox), as does our visual and auditory BLS.
- Any questions? Please reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org
Troubleshooting / Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Buzzers don't connect/vibrate?
Here are the most common solutions you
- Reload the page.
- Unplug the buzzers from your computer and plug them back in.
- Make sure all buzzer cables are firmly connected on both ends:
- The USB cable connecting the control unit to the computer
- The cable connecting the buzzers to the control unit
If none of these work then please contact me: email@example.com
Which devices/browsers does tactile BLS work on?
The buzzers work on laptops and computers, no matter which operating system (Windows, MacOS, Chromebooks, Linux—they all work).
The buzzers don't work on phones/tablets.
Whoever plugs the buzzers into their computer (i.e. the client when the buzzers are used remotely or the therapist when the buzzers are used in-person) has to use the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser, version 89 or higher. The tactile therapist controls work from any browser (e.g. also Safari and Firefox), as does visual and auditory BLS.